The Christmas season is fast approaching. In a matter of a few days, stores will be displaying all kinds of Christmas lamplights. Most homes make it a tradition to install these colorful lamplights not only on this Christmastide tree but all over your house. Some would bathe their house in lamplights, from that housetop down to the ground.
Even these flowers in your garden and all trees along your lane are laden with twinkling fruits, from these tiniest fairy lamplights to these biggest ones. If it is your first time to do these honors of lighting your home and your yard, it will help to learn some easy way to hang Christmas lights inside and outside your house. Some families keep their Christmastide lights after this season and use it next year. In case you practice this, make sure to check these bulbs and that wiring for tear and wear. Buying a new one will be the safest thing to do.
Best Way to Hang Christmas Lights
Christmas lamplights add to this jolly atmosphere that this season brings. However, extra care must be taken when installing mini-lamplights to prevent them from causing a fire that can bring damage to life and property. Here are some tips on how to hang Christmastide lamplights on some different parts of your house.
Christmas Lights Installation on the Roof
Light up your home for this holiday season by placing lanterns on your housetop. The most important thing to consider is the weather. Choose a day when the weather is good. A wet housetop can pose some danger. That wetness can make your roof slippery. If you have a fear of heights, you must refrain from doing this job by yourself. Although you know how to hang Christmas lights on the roof, it is recommended that you use some services of a professional.
Special tools and knowledge are needed for this job, which only a professional lighting installer would have. However, if you are bent on doing it on your own, here are some pointers to consider for your safety and these best results.
- Make sure that your housetop is dry when you install Christmastide lamplight. A wet roof can be slippery and dangerous. This means doing this task when the weather is good.
- Use a ladder in climbing to your housetop. Make sure that this ladder is sturdy and will not break under your weight. Choose a ladder that can be extended so that you can easily reach and climb your housetop.
- Walk on your roof carefully. If you have shingle roofing, make sure not to displace one. This can cause this roof to leak every time it rains. That same care must be observed when this housetop is made of tin or metal. If you step on a corroded portion, this area can disintegrate and cause a hole to form on your housetop. Taking precautions will prevent damage during that Christmas lights installation.
- Have a prepared layout of your roof. This will serve as a guide on where to place these lanterns. Avoid making holes, no matter how tiny, on that surface because this can cause damage. You may wonder how to hang Christmas lights outside without nails. That next step will tell you how.
- Attach these lanterns using plastic clips. These devices hug these gutters without leaving any marks or holes. A wide housetop will require as many clips as needed to secure that line holding these lanterns.
- Use plastic clips in hanging Christmas lights on your roof instead of nails. Choose that right kind of plastic clips. There are three types of clips, that single hook, and that can be clipped on your housetop peak. That hook secures these Christmastide lanterns line by hugging that gutter edge while this clip line does the same but holds that line tightly in place. That third type attaches the lanterns on the peak of the roof, which allows you to have lanterns not just on the roof edge but on top as well.
- Find Christmas lamplights that are specified for outdoor use. You can use incandescent Christmastide lanterns for the housetop, LED lanterns the housetop, and roof lamplights with battery. Many people who want to save money to buy the incandescent lamplights. Aside from being cheap, they are also the brightest. However, they present a hazard because they tend to heat up and may cause a fire. LED lamplights may be expensive and less bright, but they are safe and use less energy. This type of lantern is best for big structures that require huge displays. The battery-operated lamplights are used when an outlet is not available. The batteries may not last long so that they must be replaced regularly.
- Have a combination of small and big lamplights. The icicle lamplights are the most preferred because they glitter on the housetop like icicles. They come in strands of different lengths so they must be secured properly to prevent someone from getting caught on them. Another type of Christmastide lantern is the raindrop lamplights. Each lantern looks like a raindrop falling from the sky. Placing them on tree branches can have a spectacular effect. If you prefer bigger bulbs, the wide-angle LED lanterns can be a good choice. They are not very bright, but they can cover a wide area. A few of them can brighten a bigger area.
Aside from the housetop, you can install Christmas light on the windows, the door, the garden, and the trees around your home. For an eye-catching display, use a combination of small and big lamplights. Now that you know how to put Christmas lights on the roof, you can welcome the holidays with your beautifully lighted home.
For those who are not keen on doing the job themselves, hiring a professional for the Christmastide lanterns installation might cost more than doing it yourself, but you will save time and effort. Besides, Christmas lights installation by an expert will result in a breath-taking display.